Mass Save Heat Loan
Make your home energy efficient with a 0%APR Mass Save® HEAT Loan
Improve your home. Conserve energy. Save money.
What is a Mass Save HEAT Loan?
A Mass Save HEAT Loan is a 0% APR loan designed to make energy-efficient home upgrades more affordable. You can borrow as much as $25,000 for up to 7 years. By taking advantage of a 0% APR Mass Save HEAT Loan, you can save money and increase the value of your house.
Examples of eligible energy-efficient home improvements include:
- Heating system replacement or upgrade
- Water heaters and related equipment
- Central air conditioning and heat pumps
- Insulation and replacement windows
Making energy-efficient home improvements could result in major savings to your monthly bills. Heat gain and loss through windows is responsible for up to 30% of home energy use, according to The Department of Energy. The agency also notes that installing a heat pump could cut your electricity use for heating in half compared to furnace or baseboard heaters. These are just a couple of examples of how installing energy-efficient fixtures can significantly reduce your energy consumption and cut your expenses. A no-cost home energy assessment conducted by a Mass Save Energy Specialist can determine which home improvements you are eligible to receive financing for.
- Start the application process with this form.
- Call Mass Save at 866-527-7283 to schedule your no-cost home energy assessment.
- During your home energy assessment, a Mass Save Energy Specialist will identify improvements that are eligible for financing and give you an Intake Form.
- Choose a contractor and obtain written proposal(s). We recommend you get at least three quotes from a licensed contractor. Remember, the least expensive contractor isn’t always the best.
- Submit your completed Intake Form to your HEAT Loan Program Administrator for review. Upon approval, you’ll receive an Authorization Form.
- Once the work is complete, a Mass Save representative will conduct a post-installation inspection. Additional rebates will be processed at this time.
Mass Save Heat Loan eligibility
There are several criteria you need to meet to qualify for a Mass Save HEAT Loan. Below are the basic requirements. A detailed list can be found on Mass Save’s website.
- Own a one to four-family home
- Complete a no-cost Mass Save Home Energy Assessment
- Have a current residential account through one of the following providers:
- Berkshire Gas
- Blackstone Gas Company
- Cape Light Compact
- Columbia Gas of Massachusetts
- Liberty Utilities
- National Grid
- Unitil Gas
A: The home assessment is performed at no-cost to all customers who are serviced by a participating electric and gas company.
A: No. A Mass Save HEAT loan is only available to homeowners.
A: No. Only energy efficiency projects are eligible.