Looking out for all our family
The health and safety of our colleagues, customers and community is important to us. We have deemed it responsible to modify our branch operations.
Branch Lobby Service is Temporarily Unavailable
While we believe it’s in the best interest to temporarily limit access to our lobbies, we remain committed to providing you with excellent customer service along with easy and secure access to your accounts.
Walk-Up Window Service
Drive-Up Window Service
Economic impact payments
With the signing of the new coronavirus stimulus package, you may be eligible for a second stimulus check. People may see a direct deposit payment starting Dec. 29, according to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Rest assured that as soon as the funds have been deposited into your account, you’ll be able to access your money easily through Online Banking and the Century Bank Mobile App.
If you’d like to be notified when the stimulus payment is deposited, we recommend setting up a transaction alert through Online Banking. The description for the deposit will include “IRS.” Stimulus checks are disbursed automatically, therefore Century Bank does not have information pertaining to when you’ll receive your payment.
Paper checks will start to be mailed on Dec. 30. Don’t forget you can make check deposits with the Century Bank Mobile App and at most ATMs. Don’t have the Century Bank Mobile App? Download it today! *
Visit IRS.gov for the latest guidance.
We recommend you take advantage of our secure digital banking services – available online and through our mobile app 24/7. With Online and Mobile banking you can do the following:
- Access your accounts, transactions, statements and check images Learn more
- Pay bills and transfer money to businesses, friends and family Learn more
- Receive free monthly eStatements Learn more
- Make deposits simply by taking a picture Learn more
- Perform contact less payments using Apple® and Google® Pay Learn more
All of these services are complimentary with your Century Bank account.
- Don’t answer robocalls or press numbers, even if the recording claims it will bring you to a live operator.
- Only pay attention to information from reliable sources like the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), especially when it comes to medical claims.
- Don’t click on links from unfamiliar sources, it could result in malware being downloaded to your device.
- Don’t make a donation to an organization without thoroughly vetting it.
- Remember Century Bank will never, nor will the FDIC, call you for personal information like your social security number or passwords. If you think you may be communicating with a scammer, call us directly at 866-823-6887.
Bread of Life | The Dimock Center | Combined Jewish Philanthropies | Catholic Charities of Boston | Greater Lawrence Family Health Center | Greater Lynn Senior Services | Hebrew Senior Life | Save the Children | Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center | Massachusetts General Hospital
*Please note that data use charges may apply. Check with your mobile service provider for details.